Woke Up By Burning Rubber Smell, And Think Its Skunk
If your a homeowner who has been awakened in the middle of the night by a horrible, nostril stinging smell of burning rubber, you’re not alone. You’re still half asleep, trying to figure out what your smelling and where the smell is coming from. The smell is so intense, it smells like someone is burning tires right outside your home! The reality is, you have just been skunked! This indicates a skunk is living under your home, and has just released its spray, and the strong burning rubber smell is skunk spray, now permeating furniture, fabric, and clothes in your interior.
If you are unfortunate enough to have your home spayed by a skunk, it is a common occurrence. Skunks are easily distinguishable having black and white stripes, and spray that can be detected miles away. Skunk spray and musk is sulfur smelling, which often gives off the smell of burning rubber, when skunk spray initially happens, giving away its location in close proximity or under your home.
What To Do When You First Smell Skunk Odor In Your Nashville Home
Skunk odor in your home is unpleasant and nauseating, and will occur when a skunk is in close proximity or under your home. There are several steps that can be taken immediately to help the situation before requesting professional help. Follow these steps for immediate help in controlling skunk odor in the home.
- Take a deep breath and relax. Removing skunk smell odor is usually not a quick fix for a homeowner. Freaking out, and temporarily going to a hotel room doesn’t help your home.
- Call a Animal Pros specialist immediately 24 hours a day, live chat support by text to 615-499-5692.
- Immediately circulate air, by ceiling fans, box fans, and open windows.
- Light candles, helps mask skunk smell in the interior.
- Aerosol deodorizer in the interior, aids in neutralizing odors.
- Place dryer sheets over the floor registers.
- Open Foundation vents to circulate air under the home.
- Change air filters, if smell is concentrated or coming from duct lines, close vents to prevent the air coming into the interior.
- Turn off AC Unit.
- Open dead air spaces like closets and drawers.
While none of these alone will totally take care of skunk odor in the interior, you will have better results following multiple suggestions until help can arrive. Following these simple steps can and will save homeowners plenty of headache, when it comes removing skunk smell. If nothing is done, skunk smell will permeate making it harder to remove. Call a Animal Pros specialist for immediate help in removing skunk smell.