House Mouse (Mus musculus)
Brown Mice issues can commonly be attributed to the common house mouse, brown mouse, field mouse, or deer mouse. Mice are incredibly small in size at 1-4″ in length. They are found in every residential neighborhood across the nation. In most cases during the construction of a new home, because of builders working on the house leaving behind food and drinks, mice will already be in the home following completion of the structure.
- Length: 1″- 4″ plus 1″ – 3″ tail
- Weight: .4 – .8 ounnces.
- Diet: Omnivorous, eating both plant and animal matter.
- Breeding: Occurs year round.
- Gestation: 20 Days.
- Reproduction: 5 – 6 young born, and 5 – 10 litters per year.
- Habitat: Urban areas with the availability of food, water, and shelter.
- Legal Status: Common throughout Tennessee, Mice are not protected by law and can be controlled at any time.
- Other Names: Field mouse, mice, brown mouse, common mouse, or deer mouse.
- Interesting Facts: Mice have poor eyesight, but excellent hearing, smell, taste, and touch. A single mouse will consume 8 pounds of food per year.
Are you in need of house mouse control services for controlling mice and in your home or business? Look no further than Animal Pros rodent specialists. We offer a no obligation, free in-home evaluation of you business or home. We will identify the problem rodents, provide rodent removal options including repair of rodent openings to ensure the problem does not happen again. No need for a yearly rodent contract, as we offer a permanent solution, providing peace of mind knowing your home is protected. Our “Green” rodent removal methods use no poisons whatsoever, and are extremely safe and effective. Contact us today for an evaluation to solve your house mouse problem.