Golden Mouse (Ochrotomys nuttalli)
Golden Mice, interestingly will often build two nests, one for feeding and one for resting. Nests are often found 2 – 25 feet above ground, usually in trees and vines. Golden Mice, get their name from the yellowish – brownish golden appearance. Golden Mice can inhabit a homes attic or crawlspace, much like other rodents, especially if trees overlap a homes roofline.
- Length: 5″ – 8″
- Weight: .5 – .9 ounnces.
- Diet: Omnivorous, eating both plant and animal matter.
- Breeding: Occurs year round.
- Gestation: 25 – 29 Days.
- Reproduction: 2 – 3 young born, and 4 – 5 litters per year.
- Habitat: Woodland and wetland areas, in vines, trees, and bushes.
- Legal Status: Uncommon in Tennessee, Mice are not protected by law and can be controlled at any time. They are considered endangered in Illinois.
- Other Names: Yellow Mouse, Brown Mouse, and Tree Mouse.
- Interesting Facts: Will often use its tail to anchor to trees while it sleeps. Golden Mice will inhabit old bird nests to create a comfortable nest.
Are you in need of mice control services for controlling mice and in your home or business? Look no further than Animal Pros rodent specialists. We offer a no obligation, free in-home evaluation of you business or home. We will identify the problem rodents, provide rodent removal options including repair of rodent openings to ensure the problem does not happen again. No need for a yearly rodent contract, as we offer a permanent solution, providing peace of mind knowing your home is protected. Our “Green” rodent removal methods use no poisons whatsoever, and are extremely safe and effective. Contact us today for an evaluation to solve your mouse problem