Deer Mouse (Peromyscus maniculatus)
Deer Mice issues can commonly be attributed to the brown mouse, field mouse, or house mouse. Deer mice are one of the most common rodents in Tennessee. They are found in every residential neighborhood across the state. In most cases during the construction of a new home, because of construction workers leaving behind food and drinks, and the structure being open, mice will already be in the home following completion of the home.
- Length: 1″- 4″ plus 3 – 4″ tail
- Weight: .4 – .9 ounnces.
- Diet: Omnivorous, eating both plant and animal matter.
- Breeding: Occurs year round.
- Gestation: 21 – 23 Days.
- Reproduction: 1 – 9 young born, and 4 litters per year.
- Habitat: Urban areas with the availability of food, water, and shelter.
- Legal Status: Common throughout Tennessee, Mice are not protected by law and can be controlled at any time.
- Other Names: Field mouse, mice, brown mouse, common mouse, or house mouse.
- Interesting Facts: Mice have poor eyesight, but excellent hearing, smell, taste, and touch. A single mouse will consume 8 pounds of food per year. The deer mouse is a common carrier of hantavirus.
Are you in need of deer mouse control services for controlling mice and in your home or business? Look no further than Animal Pros rodent specialists. We offer a no obligation, in-home evaluation of you business or home. We will identify the problem rodents, provide rodent removal options including repair of rodent openings to ensure the problem does not happen again. No need for a yearly rodent contract, as we offer a permanent solution, providing peace of mind knowing your home is protected. Our “Green” rodent removal methods use no poisons whatsoever, and are extremely safe and effective. Contact us today for an evaluation to solve your deer mouse problem.