Murfreesboro Armadillo Removal
1900 Church St.
Murfreesboro TN 37203
The Nine Banded Armadillo are prolific diggers and excavate land burrowing and for food. They cause a lot of damage to lawns or gardens in just one night searching for food. Armadillos will burrow into yards and under buildings and dig up plants or crops. This makes an armadillo an expensive nuisance. Trapping armadillos and removing them is the best way to control the problem.
If you have armadillos on your property, Animal Pros has experts at armadillo removal. We have proven solutions for making sure your armadillo control problems are solved. Once captured, we will remove the armadillos. If you notice digging in your lawn, garden or flowerbed you may have an armadillo problem. We have complete armadillo control and removal services.
Signs you may have armadillos:
- Large tunnels in yard
- Plants, landscaping uprooted
- Cracked concrete from armadillo burrows
- Cracked foundation from armadillo burrows
- Holes throughout your lawn 3″-5″ wide and 1″-3″ deep
- Uprooted plants or seedlings
Murfreesboro Armadillo Trapping
If you need help with armadillos on your property, give us a call. They can be a nuisance that can cause problems near and around your home. Let our professionals help with your armadillo trapping the right way. We will help you with professional armadillo trapping in Murfreesboro area wide. We are trained to catch armadillos and have years of experience. We perform armadillo removal in a humane manner.
Armadillo nuisance concerns you may find:
- Armadillos digging in yard.
- Armadillos digging up roots.
- Armadillos under deck or porch.
- Armadillos in crawlspace.
- Armadillos under home.
- Armadillo burrow in yard.
- Armadillo digging in garden.
- Armadillos damaging community property.
Armadillos can be a major contributing factor to Leprosy or (Hansen’s Disease). If left untreated, it can be serious. Health officials are warning people to stay away from armadillos, and even digging in ground where armadillo burrows are. The disease is rare, but certain individuals can be at a higher risk, but for the last 20 years, there has been 16 million cases. Health officials estimate 20% of the armadillo population is infected. Hope your sitting down! The Armadillo population in the U.S. is estimated at between 30-50 million. If estimates are accurate that is roughly 6 million infected armadillos around.
How To Avoid Armadillo Problems
There are several things that homeowners can do to prevent Armadillo damage and contact.
(1) Make sure your home is secure and nothing can get under it. Check your HVAC unit for openings, check your breezeway vents, and check your foundation.
(2) Make sure your porch or deck is screened off, as they will use that for shelter.
(3) Avoid digging where a armadillo has been, burrowed, or has been digging.
(4) Avoid touching a armadillo, even a dead one.
(5) If trapping one , wear gloves, and sanitize the trap after disposal.
(6) If contact accidentally is made, tell your doctor, as symptoms will not appear immediately, but can lie dormant for 10 years or longer.
(7) Keep Children and Pets away from armadillo activity.
Armadillos average size is between 8-18lbs. The average lifespan is up to 20 years in the wild. Even though referred to as the Nine banded, bands can be between 7-11 bands. Armadillo burrows can be 7″-8″ wide and as deep as 15′. Armadillos do not hibernate, and can stay active year round. Mostly nocturnal, they can be seen during the day in winter months. Breeding begins in early summer, and they have quadruplets in fall. Armadillo is Spanish for “Little Armored One”. Armadillos have the ability to jump 3-4 ft vertically when frightened. Armadillos food consists of insects , plants, and invertebrates, and they have been known to eat amphibians or reptiles when food is scarce.
There is no effective repellent for armadillos. Moth Balls and Sprays do not work. The best way to get rid of them is to trap them. Armadillo trapping can be tricky because you can not use a typical bait trap. It takes a professional with knowledge of armadillos and its habits to remove them. Call us for professional, humane armadillo removal, trapping, and control.