Gainesville Skunk Removal
1900 Church St.
Gainesville FL 37203
Animal pros certified skunk removal and control specialist offer odorless skunk trapping solutions Gainesville area wide. From spray proof skunk traps to removing skunk odor from your home, our proven techniques are safe for your family, pets, home, and business. With the largest staff here in Middle Florida allow our knowledge and experience to work for you.
Gainesville Odorless Skunk Trapping
Animal pros odorless skunk trapping includes spray proof skunk traps and strategic trap placement, allowing removal of the animal quickly and humanely. In some situations because of years of experience skunks can be removed manually without traps. Using a cage trap should be avoided. Trying to cover a cage trap should be avoided as that is the greatest likelihood when a skunk will spray. If you are using a skunk removal company and they have not looked in your crawlspace, they have not addressed the issue. Removing the animal with the natural behavior pattern of going in and out of your crawlspace is one step of the solution. Closing up any openings where the Skunk is going in and out and making sure that skunk has not done any further damage under your home is equally important. Thousands of middle Florida residence trust Animal Pros so should you. Call us today 352-559-2330.
Gainesville Skunk Control
We have excellent, highly trained, skunk removal, control, and trapping technicians. Control is not limited to just removal of the Skunk, but also includes damage cleanup, odor removal, fecal and urine cleanup in disinfecting, nesting removal, and skunk damage repair. If you have any doubt that you have smelled a skunk near your home, do not hesitate to call the skunk specialist at Animal Pros Of Gainesville. Our technicians will do a full inspection in your crawlspace, around your yard, and even in your attic. They will also offer cost-effective solution and repairs so the problem does not continue. Our staff is highly trained to remove skunks and odors before they do permanent damage to your home.
- Skunks In the Crawlspace or under your home.
- Skunks In the Wall.
- Skunks under Hvac unit or Air Conditioner.
- Skunks sprayed Hvac unit or Air Conditioner.
- Skunks in duct line or Hvac line.
- Skunk smell in home.
- Woke up by burning rubber smell, and think its skunk.
- Cant tell if I have a skunk smell or gas leak.
- Skunk hair sticking out of my floor register.
- Skunks going through a breezeway or foundation vent under home.
- Skunks burrowing under foundation.
- Skunks getting under home from foundation drain.
- Interior of my home smells like skunk.
- Skunks sprayed my dog or cat.
- How to remove Skunk Spray.
- Skunk droppings in crawlspace or under home.
- Skunk seen in yard during the day, sick or rabid?
- Skunks under your shed.
- Skunks digging in yard.
- Squeaking noises under home, is it Skunks?
How To Prevent Skunk Problems
Skunk problems can easily be avoided by understanding skunk behavior. Skunks will be attracted toward areas that have food and shelter. This makes residential neighborhoods a great place as food and shelter are available throughout. Simple precautions can ensure skunks do not take up residency around your home.
- Make sure there are no openings around the foundation of your home. Some openings are hard to spot and often professional assistance is needed.
- Make sure there is no openings around a shed or out building.
- Eliminate any yard debris, especially around the home.
- Do not feed wildlife of any kind. Avoid using squirrel and bird feeders.
- Keep trees and bushes trimmed.
- Do not feed pets outside, and if you do, clean up all leftovers.
- Eliminate any compost pile.
- Secure any foundation drain around the home.
- Periodically check for animal activity.
These steps can aide in keeping skunk activity away from your home and eliminate any reason if they do come around, to stay.
Common Skunk Concerns
Skunks can cause many concerns around properties, usually from their odor which can be smelled from great distances. The most common complaints from skunks include:
- Skunks under the house or crawlspace.
- Skunks under a shed or outbuilding.
- Skunks under a porch.
- Skunks sprayed a HVAC unit.
- Pet sprayed by a skunk.
- House smells like skunks.
- Set a trap for a squirrel, and caught a skunk by mistake.
- Skunk in duct lines.
Skunk Info 101
Did you know, that there are seven compounds in skunk spray consisting of thiols, thioacetetates, and a methylquinoline. Thiols make up 50-70% of the repellant odor, while thioacetates make the repellent last longer, and is compounded when water is added. This is why pets continue to smell after a bath, and is why homeowners who think they have removed skunk smell, find it smelling again compounded after a rain.
There are several factors to remember when encountering skunks in close proximity. Skunks are a key carrier of Rabies. But there are other health risks to think about other than getting bit by a skunk. Skunk spray effects people and pets differently and can be severe depending on the severity of spray. In Pets, symptoms can include eye swelling, drooling, sneezing, vomiting, temporary blindness, and in severe cases anemia. In people, symptoms can include eye irritation, asthma, respiratory issues, allergies, vomiting, and even skin irritations. There is also zoonotic disease resulting from contact with infected urine or feces. Under or around a home this can be a issue, as yard work or service work under your home can put someone at risk. In addition another concern is parasites carried by skunks, which include fleas, ticks, mites, and lice, that can be spread to people and pets.
Question: My house smells like skunk. I think my AC has been sprayed, and live in Gainesville, FL. Is it living in my crawlspace?
Answer: Many clients think a skunk sprayed the outside of there AC unit. Now the smell has been pulled into the home. Skunks enter crawlspaces to establish a suitable nesting location to brood young. There are several openings to be aware of including openings on the bottom of the unit, breezeway vents, foundation drains, and crawl space doors. There are two types of skunk sprays. One is a temporary warning spray, usually from a startling from your ac unit turning on, dog barking, or someone walking on the floor. The other type of Skunk spray is a full spray usually when one dies. Experts in Gainesville can walk in to your home, smell the air, and be able to determine which type of spray you have. Technicians will do a full inspection in your crawlspace, around your yard, and in your attic. They will also offer cost effective repairs and solutions so the problem does not continue. Our staff is highly trained to remove skunks and odors, before they do permanent damage to your home.
Question: I have a skunk that is coming in my yard daily during the afternoon. How can I tell if its rabid?
Answer: There is no 100% way to look at a skunk and tell it is rabid without testing. There is two forms of rabies, the “furious” and “dumb” forms. Animals acting out of the normal should always be reported. Skunks are key carriers of rabies, and the predominant carrier in certain areas. There could be other diseases at play if a skunk is appearing sick or out of the normal. Skunks can come out during the day or night in residential areas when food is available.
How To Remove Skunk Smell
This happens to be a million dollar question, and one of the most frequent questions asked. “How do you remove skunk smell ?” There is no magic potion. Skunk smell can be mild to severe in cases, and around and in a home there are certain materials that will hold the skunk smell. Remove any sources holding skunk smell. Direct exposure to spray usually happens under a home, and can penetrate vapor barrier, insulation, and duct lines. Skunk smell in the home is indirect contact, therefore home remedies can be beneficial to aide in removing the odor. We are specialists at understanding odor removal procedures, and proactively solving odor issues from skunk smell. Helpful tips to aide in skunk smell removal include:
- Place Dryer Sheets over floor registers.
- Use fans, and open windows. (Open all cabinets and closets, as they could contain skunk filled air pockets.)
- Aerosol Odor Treatment
- Light Candles
- Avoid using Ozone Machines, Ionizers, and Hydroxyl Generators as they can be a health risk and irritant to individuals and do more harm than good.
- For Pets: Use 1 quart 3% Hydrogen Peroxide + 1/4 Cup Baking Soda + 1 Teaspoon of Liquid Soap + 1/4 Cup White Vinegar. Although this mixture will not solve the smell in most cases, it will help better than tomato juice, which does not work.
Skunk Insurance Claims
Animal Pros will work closely with your insurance provider to get it done right the first time. We pride ourselves on being quick and upfront with insurance companies. This means less time for your claim to be accepted. Call us today 352-559-2330 for Gainesville skunk removal and trapping.